Project Manager / Senior Project Manager
Salary: £40,000 to £60,000 per annum depending on experience
Excellent company benefits
Since 2005 this dynamic world-leading developer of next-generation batteries based on Lithium Sulfur (Li-S) chemistry, has enjoyed consistent steady growth. With the potential to revolutionise the battery technology market, it is now accelerating with opportunities developing from a spectrum of prestigious clients, not just in the UK, but across different continents internationally.
The battery cells offer double the energy density of the current Li-ion technology and are therefore attractive for a diverse range of applications and markets such as Aviation, Electric Commercial Vehicles and Defence.
As part of the Company’s progression from research and development to full commercialisation, it now has an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join the team and play a key role in helping to shape future progress.
The Company is looking for someone who can work well with people and get things done; a professional who is happy working in a dynamic working environment where everyone is committed to quality and client satisfaction. Reporting to the Head of Battery Development and Integration, the main requirements of this role will be to manage technical projects and ensure their successful implementation.
The role will be located at either our Head Office at Culham Science Centre or our office at Nuffield Way, Abingdon. Some travel between the two sites for meetings etc is expected.
The Project Manager will be solely responsible for specifying and delivering projects to an agreed timescale and within an agreed budget. This role will suit a Project Manager who has a well-developed understanding of PM methodologies such as PRINCE2/ APM or similar and can successfully manage projects from initiation through to closure. The Company is looking for either a Project Manager or Senior Project Manager due to the range in complexity and scale of projects within the company.
Candidate Profile and Experience:
We are looking for a team player who is confident, decisive, highly organised and able to cope· with change. Key attributes will include:
- For the Project Manager we are looking for a few years’ demonstratable experience of Project Management and several years’ experience for the Senior Project Manager role – both a team player and can work to own initiative
- Good technical understanding. The ideal candidate would have a strong background in, or experience of, either electrical, electronic or mechanical engineering
- Well-honed presentation and communication skills with ability to influence internally and with customers whilst maintaining harmonious relationships
- Strong problem-solving, decision making and resource-management skills, able to develop innovative solutions to difficult problems in short timescales and with limited resources
- Flexible and reactive to a changing portfolio of projects
- The portfolio of projects will be approximately 3-5 projects at any one time – as complexity and duration vary, a high level of organizational skills is required.
- Excellent understanding and experience in PM governance processes and tools, including Gantt charts, risk management, issue management, project reporting and financial management
- A degree level qualification is desirable but someone with equivalent knowledge and experience will be considered
- A high degree of commercial awareness
- A driving licence and use of own vehicle is essential due to the requirement to attend off-site client meetings
Due to the nature of the work, we are only able to offer this role as a full-time position.
A competitive salary is on offer dependent on experience, plus excellent company benefits including 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays with additional holiday over the Christmas period, 5 paid carer’s days, life assurance, contributory pension and private healthcare.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 10th July 2020. Applicants must have the existing and ongoing right to work in the UK as Tier 2 visa sponsorship is not provided.
Applications will be assessed as they are received so early submission is recommended.
The first interview will be held by video conference and the final Interview will be face to face at our head office at Culham Science Centre on 15th July 2020.